After a thrilling weekend of being ill, the Coffey Crew has returned. We are slightly less dazed from medications than we were a couple days ago; we have had many cups of tea; we are capable of having Conversations of the Week that are not “Unnghh *cough* *sneeze*”; and we have news.
Starting Novemeber 1st, Nancy Coffey Literary will be implementing new query guidelines. *insert partying here* We’re particularly excited about change #1, and want to share with you now so that you have time to get excited, too! We’ll continue to remind you as the time gets closer, but for now, drum roll please:
1. President, agent, and all around awesome boss Nancy Coffey will be open to e-queries. She will continue to accept hardcopy queries as well. Don't know what she's looking for? Click here.
2. As of November 1st, all queries should be sent to our new email address: Query(at)nancycoffeyliterary(dot)com. BEFORE NOV 1 YOUR QUERIES WILL NOT GO THROUGH TO THIS ACCOUNT.
3. In the subject line, include the word “Query,” along with the name of the agent you’re querying.
4. Starting November 1st, we are switching to a “no response means no” system. That's actually not true. You always WILL get a response, as we'll have an automatic responder in place to let you know that your query has arrived safely in our inbox. If you receive an automatic response, and do not hear from us (either directly or through our Query Log) within two weeks, it means we will be passing. (It will state this in our automatic response as well.)
5. The rest of the query guidelines will remain the same; these are listed on our website.
6. We will continue to update our Query Log as well.
Again, these changes will happen on November 1st. Continue to query as per usual until that time. Also, this is your opportunity to ask any questions you have about the new query guidelines and we will make sure to respond to all questions by the end of the week. Please post your questions in the Comment section.
It was a grey and rainy Monday here in NY. And you know what’s perfect for grey, rainy Mondays? Reading. And you know what you should read? All the free books we’re giving away!
Haven’t entered the contest yet? You can do so right here. Quick! Go! Win books!